Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Big Thicket Ntl Preserve







I'm posting some pics from Port Aransas on Padre Island and the great beach at San Padre. Then the camper under the pines at Big Thicket.






Arrived in Big Thicket Ntl Preserve today. What an unexpected thing to find this huge pine forest ! The folliage is so thick that you couldn't walk thru it or ride a horse thru it. There are lots of loblolly pines. wild magnolias and lots of other trees and shrubs that I can't identify. There are actually a lot of pine trees in this part of Texas.

I'm excited to move into Louisiana tomorrow. Off to Natchitoches, where we will see some antibellum mansions in Cane River Creole National Historic Park. Then we will move on to Natchez, Mississippi and the Natchez Trace Parkway.

I'm not sure if I will have internet access for the next couple of days or not.

I guess leaving a comment is not as easy as I thought. I'm not sure how big of a deal it is to get a Google ID but at least everything on Google is free !

No comments: