Monday, March 14, 2011

Chilling

We are just relaxing. We went to the Baptist Church really close to the park yesterday. We had been there before and enjoyed it. They had a special speaker who was amazing. We had some fresh gulf shrimp for dinner. The fresh fish market is not very far from the park. There are about 15 or 20 different vendors selling fresh crab, shrimp and fish. Yum, yum.

It's amazing when you are retired that cleaning the fridge, bathing the dog, and doing your toenails can take up a whole day. :-)

Tomorrow I think that we try to take the ferry across to New Orleans. It will drop us and the bottom of Canal Street. I think that we may take a tour of the city. We didn't have time to do that last year. We may have to stop at Cafe DuMonde for beignets. Yum, yum.

I think that I may try my hand at making gumbo one of these days. It does seem that all I think about is food while we are here. I've also been walking a lot trying lose a pound or two or at least not gain any more.

No comments: