Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Death Valley at last



We made it with no problems at all to Death Valley. We were in the campground set up by 1:00. It was just cloudy today with no wind to speak of. Good thing that we didn't try to come in yesterday. Some parts of the road had been obviously flooded in the low places.

We don't have cell service or internet access but the visitor center (about 1/2 mile from the campground) has free wifi so I can keep it touch periodically.

This place is amazing !!! It's nothing like I pictured. I was thinking more like the salt flats. But there are high mountains on either side of this really deep (-287 feet below sea level) valley. There are all sorts of colors in the hills and volcanic rock scattered around. We are going on a drive in a minute so I will have more info tomorrow. All I can say is WOW.

No comments: